Saturday, July 2, 2011

Inspiration

I was in Turku for a couple days; all outstanding orders made by yesterday morning were shipped, but I'm a bit behind on email and message board correspondence.

My main focus right now is completing the Monolith from Beyond Time and Space (or is it Space and Time? I can smell consistency fuckups already!), and while I was in Turku I did an outline for a disco-themed adventure. Working on licensing a well-known property for an adventure, I hope to have a Carcosa prelim layout on Monday, the pallet with OSR stuff from the States will arrive any day now, I've shipped my OSRG packages, Ropecon is this month...

whew!

Anyway, here's a sampling of what I've been listening to and using as inspiration... some have been favorites for months, some are things I've just been made aware of.


(New Swedish metal sensation, apparently. And I thought I'd been listening to this obscure weird album for the past couple months... here's a May 2011 performance)


(band formed in 1982, just released their first album. That's got to be some sort of record. This is from a May 2011 live appearance)


(I wanted to go to this show in November but it was sold out. When did my tastes become popular? Hopefully that carries over to RPGs... ;))


(Canadian band with a cool sound, this is from April 2011)


(Had to end it with a classic. Finnish metal from 1984! New album out soon!)

2 comments:

  1. I liked Ghost the most then Blood Ceremony. I am listening to Scar Symmetry, 13th Floor and Sybreed with a healthy dose of Meshugga and Lamb of God to get the creative juices rolling a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank you for turning me on to Ghost. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete