Thursday, May 7, 2009

So That's Where I Saw That!

The upcoming release was originally to be titled Death Cold Frost. Then Mr. Trollsmyth made a suggestion that it should have Doom in it. I thought it was a good idea. So, Death Frost Doom!

But that sounded familiar. Too familiar. I did a Google search (and a search at Metal Archives) to make sure I wasn't just copying the name of some album. No matches. OK.

But still... a nagging doubt about it.

I haven't been following the metal scene so closely lately, due to the fact that I don't have the money to keep up on the new releases by the bands I like, let alone dig for new ones. But today, after ordering the new printer, I went to Keltainen Jääsarkija to pick up Reverend Bizarre's final release Death is Glory... Now. For the past several years I'd been a first-day buyer of RB's CD releases (them and Hammers of Misfortune are my absolute favorite bands these days), helping to put Slave of Satan and Teutonic Witch on the singles charts here in 2005 and 2007, and So Long Suckers on the album charts in 07. But this last compilation of all their 7" releases came out three months ago and I didn't realize it until two days ago... that's how far out of the loop I've gotten.

While at the record store I saw this:


I knew I'd seen the general phrase before.

And there's another album that's snuck out that I need to buy. And I haven't even gotten the previous one, and I love Rob Lowe's singing. I'm so lost...

Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment